ABOUT FOOTHILL AND DE ANZA COLLEGES
Foothill College and De Anza College have helped thousands of students unlock their potential. Whether it’s your goal to begin your studies with us and then transfer to a top university, experience the excitement of Silicon Valley, or change the course of your life, your pathway to success starts here.
Give us two years of your time and we’ll give you the education you need to achieve your dreams!
With us, you will complete the first two years of your bachelor’s degree program and then transfer into the third year of study at virtually any university in the United States. After four years total, the university will award your bachelor’s degree. This is possible because of our outstanding reputation and transfer agreements with over 100 universities in the U.S., Canada, and Europe, including guaranteed or preferred admission to seven University of California (UC) campuses!
FOOTHILL + DE ANZA COLLEGES BY THE NUMBERS
• Ranked #1 in California for graduation and transfer rates (collegemeasures.org)
• Ranked #1 in acceptances and transfers to the University of California (UC)
• Among the safest community college campuses in the United States (stateuniversity.com)
• Ranked #2 in the U.S. for educating international students (IIE Open Doors)
• 100% of our classes are taught by professors and not by teaching assistants
• 3,600 international students from 109 different countries
WHY CHOOSE Foothill + De Anza Colleges
• Start your studies at Foothill College or De Anza College and then transfer to top universities such as UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, NYU, Yale, and more!
• Cut the cost of your bachelor’s degree by half. Our tuition is only $6,800 per year
• Our admission requirements are flexible and the SAT is not required
• The quality of our courses is comparable to courses taught during the first two years at a university
• Live and study in the heart of Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco
• Famous alumni include Steve Wozniak (co-founder of Apple Inc.)
• Our alumni have successful careers at Apple, Stanford Hospital, Facebook, Deloitte, UCLA, Google, Columbia University Medical Center, and other top companies!
Do you prefer a more thoughtful, peaceful atmosphere?
Located in the community of Los Altos Hills, near Stanford University and Google’s headquarters, you’ll find Foothill College’s park-like campus. In fact, the American Institute of Architects has twice honored the campus as the “most beautiful community college ever built.” On campus, students will find an award winning Physical Science, Math, and Engineering (PSME) complex, multimedia labs, a library, athletic facilities, two theatres, an observatory, and much more.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
Located in Cupertino, near Apple’s headquarters, the De Anza College campus offers a lively atmosphere, blending Spanish and modern architecture. On campus, students will find unique facilities such as the Cheeseman Environmental Studies Center, Euphrat Museum of Art, television, animation, and film studios, athletic facilities, a library, the Fujitsu Planetarium, and much more. De Anza is also well known for social action and student engagement through initiatives such as the Vasconcellos Institute for Democracy in Action (VIDA).
We are proud of our student’s accomplishments!
In Fall 2016 alone international student
166 - UCLA
126 - UC Berkeley
408 - UC San Diego
456 - UC Davis
Students were also accepted to USC, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Cornell, Johns Hopkins, NYU, MIT, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, and many others.
We offer transfer admission guarantees to help you achieve your goals:
University of California, Davis
University of California, Irvine
University of California, Santa Barbara
University of California, Riverside
University of California, Santa Cruz
University of California, Merced
California State University System (with an AA-T degree)
Arizona State University
American University of Paris (Foothill only)
University of the Pacific
Golden Gate University
Notre Dame de Namur University
Palo Alto University
Preferred Transfer Admission
UCLA: (TAP through Foothill Honors Program)
Santa Clara University
University of San Francisco
At Foothill and De Anza, we also believe that your college experience should be fun! Join one of our many student clubs and organizations, get involved in student government, compete in athletics…the possibilities are endless.
LIVE AND STUDY IN SILICON VALLEY
Foothill and De Anza’s location, in the heart of Silicon Valley, near San Francisco, is known for innovation, entertainment, diversity, and safety. With more than 6000 companies surrounding our campuses - including Google, Apple, Facebook, Tesla, NASA Research Labs and more - you’ll be at the center of it all. Our surrounding communities are consistently ranked as some of the safest in the United States. Take the train to San Francisco to enjoy shopping, festivals, theatre, and professional sports events. Beaches, hiking and biking trails, championship golf courses, and other outdoor activities are just a short trip from campus.
Oh, and did we mention that there are 300 sunny days a year with an average temperature of
21 degrees Celsius?
Our costs reflect our long-standing commitment to making high quality education more affordable.
Estimated Annual Tuition and Fees for Three Quarters
(10 months/One Academic Year)
| Tuition & Fees for 12 units/quarter (US$ 191 per extra unit)|| Mandatory Health Insurance |
| US $ 6,876 || US $1,453|
Estimated Living Expenses
| Books & Supplies|| Room & Board (10 months)|| Personal Spending Money|
| US$ 1,500|| US$ 12,000|| US$ 2,500|
Estimated Total: US $24,328
1. Send a completed application form and all supporting documents. You can view our application on our website at www.international.fhda.edu 2. Provide proof of English proficiency - TOEFL - 61 iBT; IELTS - 6.0; iTEP - level 4; Duolingo 50 DET. Examinations must have been taken within the last 2 years. Did you attend a school where English was the primary language of instruction? Contact us to see if you qualify for an English proficiency waiver. 3. Provide official secondary and post-secondary transcripts. 4. Send the $75 application fee + $75 courier fee to send your acceptance documents and I-20 outside the U.S.
Applications are accepted for Fall (June 30 deadline), Winter (October 31 deadline), or Spring (January 31 deadline) quarters.
Is your English test score below our minimum requirement for full admission?
Please SEE OUR WEBSITE for details about our summer intensive English program or conditional admission through one of our partner English language schools.